Saturday, December 5, 2009


Wow! A picture of Frank Sinatra and me!!!!
I believe I was playing bass with the Joe Massters Trio at Mr. Sinatra's golf tournament at the Canyon Hotel when the photo of Mr. Sinatra and myself was taken around 1975. while the big band was on it's break. I wish to thank Mr. Johnson for emailing this to me. In the 1970s I was blessed to be part of the best jazz trio in Palm Springs. While at the Club Trinidad for several years, we became Frank's home base as he and Joe became very close friends. I wasn't aware of the many famous players Joe Massters had worked with on the East Coast before he came to Palm Springs. In retrospect, all I can say is Wow! See more about Mr. Massters and the monster players he worked with below.

1 comment:

Rick Rockhill said...

Wow Dick, that's pretty nifty! You are lucky to have worked with Mr Sinatra and have the memory and now a photo as well!