Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Waverly Iowa reunion.


In a few days the Waverly (Iowa) High School class of '57 will be holding their 50th reunion. Being in total denial that I could possibly be a member of such an ancient group, I do not plan to travel the more than two thousand miles that would be mandated for my attendance and return home. (Could the fact that my doctor thinks I'm far too old and brittle to be that far away from his care and constant supervision possibly also be a factor? Naaaaw!)

In order to firmly establish my claims of ongoing youth, I've included a recent a photo of my wonderful wife, Sharon, and myself (see above) that was secretly taken by paparazzi as we were casually attempting to shop for bathroom plumbing parts at the local Palm Springs Wal*Mart store.
Seriously, I sincerely wish it were possible for us to attend and do send my warmest greetings to each and every one of my classmates. May God continue to long bless the WHS Class of '57!

No comments: