Monday, December 1, 2008

Really on top of things

After more than a year of performing at Cipolline Restaurant here in Palm Springs, I've decided to cut back and just do private parties in addition to my performances at the Mizell Senior Center and various nursing homes. I'm still playing piano every Monday from 11 to 11:3o at the senior center and my jam session that I've been hosting for more than 12 years from 10 AM to Noon on Wednesdays is drawing about 15-20 musicians each session. In a week or two we'll have to pass out tickets and turn listeners away after the count reaches 120. (Fire dept. will shut us down if we exceed the room capacity.) If you're in the Palm Springs are, come and see the jam. I think you'll find it worth your time. If you're a player, bring your axe! While the music is quite good most of the time, it's our primary goal to see that everyone has a good time and that everybody gets their turn irrespective of their level of brilliance. While we usually play jazz and standards, a few cowboy and rock things also get sneaked in. Most importantly, we all have fun! I should warn you that if you are inclined to request Glenn Miller's "In the Mood", please remember to bring a crisp $100 bill with you. Sorry! American Express, Visa and Master Card are not accepted. :-) http://www.mizell.org/Pages/music.htm

I hope to update this again before another six months get past. If you need a one man band or a live group, please contact me. I love doing those private parties!

In the meantime I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (Boy will these wishes be out of date by the time I get back to this blog!)

If you want to see my bio and stuff it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay back on this site somewhere. I do plan to reorganize this site one of these days but in the meantime don't hold your breath! :-)

No comments: